Sammy Timberg (May 21, 1903 – August 26, 1992) was an American musician and composer who was perhaps most famous for the music he wrote for the cartoons of Fleischer Studios.
Songs Written by Timberg (Fleischer Studios) Betty Boop Series
- "Don't Take My Boop-Oop-A-Doop Away" (Betty Boop's theme song)
- "Sweet Betty"
- "A Language All My Own"
- "Be Human"
- "Keep A Little Song Handy"
- "A Little Soap and Water"
- "Grampy's House"
- "Little Pal"
- Timberg wrote songs for Popeye, Betty Boop and Superman.
- He also composed for the early Famous Studios shorts, where he served as the studio's musical director, until Winston Sharples succeeded him in 1946.
- Was the brother of vaudevillian Herman Timberg.
- Was the father of writer and journalist Robert Timberg, Patricia Timberg and Rosemarie Eisenberg Shaw.
- His granddaughter Shannon Cullem did the singing voice of Betty Boop and Olive Oyl for the 2004 Sammy Timberg tribute album Boop-Oop-Doin, which was produced by Pat Timberg the daughter of Sammy Timberg.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.