|Let Me Call You Sweetheart|
Let Me Call You Sweetheart
Let Me Call You Sweetheart (1932)
Let Me Call You Sweetheart is a 1932 Screen Song which features Billy Boop as the main character. Betty Boop as a nursemaid meets Bimbo the park keeper who has masher like tendencies just like in his first appearance. The series of animated cartoons sometimes including bits of live action and features Ethel Merman.
- Billy Boop: "Lalalala! Lollipop!"
- Billy Boop: "You're not my daddy!"
- Betty Boop: "Goodnight!"
- Bimbo: "Let me call you sweetheart Betty!"
- Betty Boop: "I always did like that song, listen!"
Cast & Crew
- Mae Questel as Betty Boop & Billy Boop
- Claude Reese as Bimbo the Masher
- Ethel Merman as herself
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Sammy Timberg (Music)
- Lou Fleischer (Music)
- Leo Friedman (Music)
- Shamus Culhane (Animator)
- Dave Tendlar (Animator)
- "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" performed by Ethel Merman
- "Frühlingslied" (Instrumental)
- "Now's the Time to Fall in Love" (Instrumental)
- "Santa Lucia" (Instrumental)
- "Chicken Reel" (Instrumental)
- "Lazy Mary Will Wake You Up" (Instrumental)
- "Merrily We Roll Along" (Instrumental)
- "Row, Row, Row" (Instrumental)
- "Got the Bench, Got the Park" (Instrumental)
- "The Fountain in the Park" (Instrumental)
- Was released on the 20th of May in 1932.
- Billy Boop is featured as the leading character in this short.
- This is the second episode where Bimbo is portrayed as a masher, the first being Hot Dog.