Betty Boop, M.D.
|Betty Boop, M.D|
Betty Boop, M.D
Betty Boop, M.D. (1932)
Betty, Bimbo and Koko are the owners of a travelling medicine show. They are selling "Jippo", an all-purpose health tonic. Koko's contortionist display does little to convince the local townsfolk to open their wallets, but Betty gets the whole town eager to buy their product. Even though it is only water, drinking the tonic causes everyone to exhibit strange side-effects, from unusual hair growth to rapid de-aging or even death. The animated short features the song "Nobody's Sweetheart Now", followed by scat singing.
- Koko the Clown: "Now who will buy Jippo?"
- Betty Boop: "Now here's the place you should commence to formulate theories that are dense."
- Betty Boop: "Now folks come on buy a box of a Jippo!"
- Betty Boop: "Oooh! Gee daddy I got the thing that's gonna fix you right up! Here try it!"
Cast & Crew
- Mae Questel as Betty Boop
- Claude Reese as Bimbo, Koko the Clown
- Max Fleischer (Producer)
- Dave Fleischer (Director)
- Was released on the 2nd of September in 1932.
- The recording artist was long time assumed to be Cliff Edwards. However, some state is was Billy Costello, which would not be unlikely, considering he did voice acting in the later Popeye shorts.